Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I know, I know....

I skipped yesterday. Go ahead, let me have it...

Wait a minute, I have an excuse! I was busy? You know, 'cause I'm a mom and all? No? Nothing? Not even a little sympathy? Alright, well, it was worth a shot anyway...




Now that that's over...how was your hump day? Mine was pretty good thanks! I made a yummy breakfast for the family. Eggs, toast, tomatoes, olives and some fresh strawberries for after. My son can eat an entire container of strawberries and let me tell you, he did. There are no more left, thank goodness they were on sale for $.79! Now I can go back tomorrow and get some more!

I cleaned my ratties cage out from top to bottom, literally. I also gave them baths which made holding them so much nicer and less nose-wrenching. They have some new toys in their cage to play with, and I think they had a relaxing day today after their baths. I wish I could have a spa day...

There were no signs of dead birds or anything that looked like dead birds today, so that was a bonus! I'm glad to not have a murderous Poodle. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, read the post below. :)

Dinner was quite yums also. We had spaghetti, cobb salad, grilled veggies and lemon pepper potatoes. We were going to eat some organic vanilla bean ice cream, but we were too full. We settled for a few dark chocolate covered acai berries. Delish!

On an interesting note today, I told my husband how I would love to have some chickens to raise just for eggs. No meat chicken raising in this household, thank you very much! To my genuine surprise, he didn't shoot that idea out the window. We talked about the startup cost, maintenance cost and it's not too bad in the end!

Also, the Rattery (www.aristoratsaz.com) where I got my rattie babies from just had their litter born today that I was waiting on! Congrats to Captain Jack and Princess Belle on their beautiful little rattie litter! What? You don't like rats? That's cool...more for me.
:)