Monday, July 12, 2010

Hello Monday!

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening! How was your day today? Good? Fantastic! Mine was fun and it started out quite interesting to say the least. Firstly, after I let my dogs out this morning for some relief, I came back inside and started getting the house ready for the day. As I looked out the window to check on my furry beasts, I see them both chillaxin' on our outdoor carpet. I smile and think to myself what a lucky lady I am to have such sweet, mellow dogs. Then I look closer and to my utter horror, it appears as though my Poodle has decided to snack on what looks like a deceased little bird. :(
I open the back door and call them inside, making sure not to let my murderous Poodle touch me with her germ ridden mouth. She looks quite pleased with herself as she walks in and I send her to her crate so that she can't lick anything including myself or the munchkins until the "germs" have gone away. I take another quick look out of the window (but not too close) and I can't bear the thought of going outside and picking up this poor dead little bird. So of course I do what any wife would do, I wait for my husband to come home to pick it up!

Another fun part of my day was looking at some horses that are up for adoption through different horse rescues in Arizona. I fell in love right away with about 15 of them. Now just to get the room....
I haven't ridden since last summer, and before that it was probably a couple years since my tushie had last seen a saddle. As I'm browsing and checking out different ads for boarding (just looking!), I happen to come across an ad for horseback riding lessons. So naturally, I clicked on it.

*innocent doe eyes*

I happen to come across an ad that I had seen last year that I ended up losing the number to. It's for a couple who run a ranch and board horses, train horses and offer lessons. They're in the affordable range so I shoot my husband the info through an email.

My poor hubby. He came home and immediately went to the kitchen and grabbed some Pepto Bismol. He was not feeling well at all. I had him go and lay down, and of course, he wanted to go and play basketball. I put my foot down and said the players and the court at the gym didn't need any vomity decorations today, and he didn't need to have his face meet the hardwood floor if he passed out. He conceded, and went to bed. I made him some lovely tea, and then began to make dinner. Cause I rock like that. Just occasionally though...

Anyhow, he slept for a bit, I made dinner and called everyone to the table. I gently and ever so lovingly woke my husband up and asked if he wanted to eat. He said yes and when he came out, he said he felt much better. I then proceeded to inform him of the little bird that was outside that Nola had been munching on. Before eating, he went outside to take care of it. As I'm grimacing in the kitchen, I peek my head out to ask him if its super grody, and he says, "So where's the bird?" I look outside and he says, "Their chew bone is out here, but I don't see a bird." I then realize that yesterday, I had given the dogs some chew hooves and marrow bones. I also then realize that I never picked them up yesterday from the yard. I sheepishly look at my husband and without saying anything he just picks them up and I can see the little grin on his face. What a hubs. :)

We sit down to dinner and the boys are watching G-Force, so I take the opportunity to ask my husband if he wouldn't mind me showing him something. He's still not feeling 100% so he agrees. I tell him about the riding lessons and he agrees that it would be fun for my 6 1/2 year old and I to go together. You can't even begin to imagine how excited I am to go at all, let alone with my little guy! I also show him some of the rescue horses that I'm head over heels for, and he agrees that quite a few of them are lookers. I'm quite pleased at how agreeable he is with me at the moment. I mean, I'm sure most of it is the Pepto talking, but I'll take what I can get!

After dinner, I start putting my running shoes on, and my son asks where I'm going. I tell him I'm getting ready to walk the furballs and ask if he wants to go with. Mind you, I had just put "Zathura" on so I figured he would rather stay home. To my great joy and surprise, he asks if he can tag along! Hurrah! My little man actually wants to voluntarily remove himself from in front of the TV to play outside. We had a lovely stroll, me with the pups and he with his scooter.

Monday turned out to be quite a fun day all in all. I ended up not having a murderous Poodle, no animals were killed in the making of today, I signed myself and my son up for riding lessons, we had a lovely walk, and while my husband is not completely well, he feels a little better. I look forward to more Mondays just like this!